Thursday, October 20, 2005

Friday Night Lights


Friday Night Lights

With a hurricane creeping closer to Miami, the NFL decided to move the Chiefs/Dolphins game from Sunday to Friday night. I do not know, but it seems that there just was not a good answer to this problem.

Moving to the game to Kansas City did not seem to be in the cards this time. In a previous season, the NFL moved a San Diego home game to Arizona due to potential wildfire complications. However, this year, NFL has taken serious grief over the New Orleans “home” game that was recently played in New York. The idea of giving Miami a “home” game in Kansas City certainly would not have sat well with the rest of the AFC, especially since the Dolphins play so poorly away from Miami and Kansas City cannot win a game in Florida!

So, I’ll be home early on Friday to see the Chiefs play. We will see what happens.

How do I feel about the Chiefs this year? I am not as bullish as I was a few weeks ago. Although I think that the defense has improved enough to no longer be a liability, the offensive production has declined a bit. The offense needs to score twenty-eight points (or more) and keep the chains moving with first downs. The Chiefs need to win the time of position battle. If the offense has too many three-and-outs, they expose the defense. I guess my point is that the Chiefs new defense can hold their own…by should never be expected to “win” the game.

No comments: