Saturday, April 07, 2007

Is it really THAT hard?


This post may not be very inspired or inspiring. However, I've noticed something recently that is just absolutely driving me nuts.

There is a retirement community in Independence with a flag pole out front. I drive by the place (The Fountains) nearly every day. What's driving me nuts is that they have been flying their Missouri State flag upside down for several weeks now. While I thought this was just an isolated situation, I noticed today that a maintenance department building in Kearney, Missouri was ALSO flying their Missouri State flag upside down.

You know...it isn't hard to determine which side is up when flying a Missouri flag. On the flag, two bears are holding the seal. If they bears are upside down, guess what?!? The flag is UPSIDE DOWN!!! This isn't rocket science, people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not stupidity...it is actually just laziness..

Why turn it over when I just get paid the same anyway?

I think upside-down bears are cute...maybe they're tricky, acrobatic bears!!

Steve Potter said...

You are right. You really can't trust those bears to stay standing right side up once you get the flag up the pole.