Saturday, March 31, 2007

Springtime in Kansas City


The main thing that I’m thinking about this week is opening day at Kauffman Stadium. Okay, let’s be honest. The Royals are no place close to contending for the playoffs. Think about this for a moment. The Royals could improve their wins by 34% (or 20 more wins) and would STILL just be pushing a .500 winning percentage.

Now, with that said, I have listened to a couple of innings of spring training games. They Royals sound like they can play. But will they win more than their share against the Indians (my favorite in the AL Central) or the last two AL champions (Chicago and Detroit)? It doesn’t seem likely, to me. Of course, this could just mean that whatever doesn’t kill the Royals in 2007 will only make them stronger in 2008 and 2009.

Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: