Thursday, September 22, 2005

Tech Tech Tech Tech


Tech Tech Tech Tech!

Everyone knows that I love tech. I’m a gadget junkie. The weird part is that I often get blind sided by some technology. It’s like being hit in the side of the head with a 2x4!

Recently, my sister and I were using Yahoo! Messenger to chat about a few things. I love this technology. It is a little easier to have family in Alaska if you can affordably chat or see them on camera. For about a year, I’ve been trying to set things up so I can play computer games over the Internet with my nephews. I just think it would be cool! After several months, my sister finally got her PC working, got all the helper applications in place, and took a try. We were able to start a game of checkers. I can’t wait to play against my nephew. The sad part is he will likely clean the floor with me! When he was little, I played a couple of games of tic-tac-toe with him at Kauffman Stadium. He beat me two of three games. I really wasn’t paying attention, to the game, but that really is no excuse!

More tech…Today, I stopped by our Parkville branch. I discovered that SBC had been by to install FreedomLink Wi-Fi. The library is going to roll out public Wi-Fi to everyone as soon as we get enough branches up and running. Anyway, I took out my recently obtained Dell Axim IIIi and logged right on to the Internet. WiFi is too cool!

No comments: